P6800XXLQ2 Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 ICS 4.0.4 Official Firmware Upgrade Release
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800
Version: Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Build date: July 6, 2012
Release: August 10, 2012
This firmware brings some major changes when it comes to smoothness and much faster user experience. The looks also changes for it brings up some of newer features in Ice Cream Sandwich like the Face-Unlock and Photo Editor.
For those who want to upgrade now and getting tired of waiting for a couple of months, you may just grab the original stock ROM for we can't upgrade to it yet via Kies or anywhere else unless we're in Austria. Just follow this simple steps below.Just remember you may only proceed at your own risk!
How to install the official ICS 40.4 P6800XXLQ2 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800
Grab the following files:
Odin Flasher and USB driver
Odin downloader Odin3_V1.85
USB Driver Samsung USB Driver
Original Stock ROM:
- Back up all important files stored from the device
- Make sure the battery is fully charge
- Remember or make a copy of the APN settings of your device.
- Use good USB cable and a PC/laptop runs in Windows OS.
2) Run Odin3_v1.85.exe
3) DO NOT CHECK the RE-PARTITION checkbox, only both ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F-Reset’ left alone.
4) Click the PDA button then load the extracted P6800XXLQ2_P6800OXALQ2_P6800XXLPW_HOME.tar.md5 file.
5) Reboot the tablet into Download Mode: Turn it Off, then( Press Volume Down + Power ON button at the same time).
6) Once the phone in download mode screen, connect USB cable To Phone. The highlighted yellow ID:COM box is and indication that the device is connected properly to PC. If you still do not get any results, try another USB port on your computer.
7) Click the Start button to begin flashing.
8 Wait until it finishes or watch out for the word “PASS”.
Once the phone completely reboots, perform wipe/factory reset to get a fresher firmware installation.
1. Hold Power and Volume Up together, this will switch the device into recovery mode.
2. Release Power after holding it for a second but continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu appears.
Select wipe cache
Select wipe data/factory reset.
You may then need to change the language settings or re-configure the APN settings if encountered WiFi connection issues.
That’s all! your Samsung Galaxy Tab Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 now runs in Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich without waiting in Kies.